AboutA Lifestyle Blog About Raising Dogs Naturally
Hi! I'm Kimberly and I started this blog in December 2011 as an expression for my love of my dogs and it's grown into a personal space where I chronical what I learn about dog nutrition, raw feeding, health, training, behavior, and more. My blog has inspired books on raw feeding for dogs and an upcoming Seattle event for pet parents.
Keep the Tail Wagging®
The blog Keep the Tail Wagging has grown from a hobby into a woman/minority-owned small business. My goal is to raise awareness of natural alternative canine care for curious pet parents looking to be well informed by sharing my experience raising five dogs.
Pet parents can find personal articles, books on raw feeding, videos, local and online events, recipes for dog food, and more.
If you're interested in incorporating natural options in your life with dogs, join me on this journey as we learn together.
To inspire pet parents to think outside the bag and question the status quo by providing a non-judgmental space where it’s safe to ask “stupid” questions!
Big Mixed Breed Dogs
About My Dogs
My partner and I are raising five dogs in Western Washington.
Rodrigo & Sydney
Our first set of littermates was adopted in May 2010, herding breed mix.
Scout and Zoey
Our second set of littermates joined our family in December 2013, and also herding breed mix.
Apollo joined our family in August 2019, he's a Siberian Husky, Golden Retriever mix.
From left to right: Rodrigo, Apollo, Zoey, Scout, Sydney.
Something for Fun.
10 Random Things About Me
- I love SciFi, comics, and fantasy books, and movies.
- I wanted to be a journalist when I was a kid.
- People think I'm an extrovert, I'm not.
- I believe in the Law of Attraction and Counting My Blessings.
- I am always reading (or listening) to a book or podcast.
- I find it impossible to remember names and faces, but I will recognize your dog.
- I love to eat.
- I believe that we can learn a lot by watching The Real Housewives.
- I have daily dance parties with my dogs.
- My dream of dreams is to spend a day with Oprah Winfrey, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Kevin Smith, and Dax Shepard. What a dream team!!!
Books on Raw Feeding for Dogs
When I initially transitioned Rodrigo and Sydney to a raw food diet in 2013, I was quickly overwhelmed by the number of opinions on how and what I should feed my dogs. From that experience, I learned to share what I do with my dogs without pressuring others to do the same.
Dogs and Raw Feeding
- Seattle Pet Expo 2014, An Introduction to Raw Feeding for Dogs
- Seattle Pet Expo 2016, An Introduction to Raw Feeding for Dogs / Panel on Pet Nutrition
- Healthy Pet Expo 2019, Raw Feeding for Dogs
- WordCamp Seattle 2014, You Started a Blog, Now What?
- Women in the Pet Industry, 10 Blogging Habits that Kill the Competition
- WordCamp Seattle 2015 (KEYNOTE), A Guide to Surviving WordPress for the Technically Challenged
- WordCamp Portland 2017, Easy SEO Tips
- WordCamp Seattle 2017, The Care and Feeding of Trolls
- WordCamp Seattle 2018, 7 Steps to Becoming a Full-Time Blogger
- WordCamp Seattle 2019, SEO Panel Member
Get in Touch
Have questions about raw feeding? Interesting in collaborating on a project? In the market for a sponsored post? Contact me and let's chat.