About Keep the Tail Wagging
December 24, 2011. That’s the date of the first blog post published on Keep the Tail Wagging®. At the time, I was writing about raising littermate puppies. Today, Keep the Tail Wagging represents a place where people can ask questions. If it’s true that only 4% of pet parents feed fresh food to their dogs, cats, and other pets, then the only way to raise awareness of a better diet and lifestyle is to create a safe space where people are free to learn without judgment.
Keep the Tail Wagging is an educational company with global reach dedicated to raising awareness of natural alternative canine (and feline) care for curious pet parents looking to be well informed. Keep the Tail Wagging provides articles, books, videos, local seminars, recipes, and online databases via our talented team of passionate pet parents who want to raise awareness of the value of feeding a fresh diet to their pets.
To inspire pet parents to think outside the bag and question the status quo by providing a non-judgmental space where it’s safe to ask “stupid” questions!
Dog Mom, Blogger, Author, Speaker, Raw Feeder
My name is Kimberly Gauthier (GO-tea-ay) and I’m the owner of Keep the Tail Wagging. I began feeding my dogs a raw food diet in 2013 as a last-ditch effort to healing my border collie’s health issues. Within two weeks of feeding a hybrid diet of raw in the morning and kibble in the evening, most of my dog’s health issues vanished. A year later, I narrowed my blog’s focus to raw feeding to help others learn how to transition and feed their dogs a diet of fresh food.
I am not a veterinarian or animal nutritionist. I have earned my Pet Food Nutrition Certification through the Dogs Naturally University and I’m in line to earn a certification in raw feeding and herbal remedies. I’m constantly working to educate myself about dog nutrition and health because I want my dogs to live a long, health life.
In the past few years, I’ve published two books on the topic of raw feeding and I’m currently working on two more which are anticipated to be published in 2019 and 2020.
- Pet Food Nutrition Certification, Dogs Naturally University – Earned January 2017
- Raw Dog Food Nutrition, Dogs Naturally University – to complete in 2019
- Acute Canine Herbalism, Dogs Naturally University – to complete in 2019
- A Novice’s Guide to Raw Feeding for Dogs
- Keeping it Raw™ 100 Questions Pet Parents Ask About Raw Feeding for Dogs, Volume 1
Rodrigo, Sydney, Scout, Zoey
I’m raising four dogs (two sets of littermates) and a cat with my better half in the Pacific Northwest. We love herding dogs and love our pack of Border Collie/Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler mixes. Rodrigo and Sydney are 9 years old and Scout and Zoey are 5 years old. My cat, Cosmo, is 13 years old.
Our dogs keep us active and make us laugh every day.
Learn More About Raw Feeding
Transition to Raw
- Why I switched my dogs to a raw food diet.
- Transitioning to Raw Through a Hybrid Diet
- 5 Steps to Transition Your Dog to Raw
- Transitioning Your Rescue to Raw
Balancing a Raw Diet
- What Does Balance Mean?
- Create a Balanced Diet
- Supplements for My Dogs
- Nutrient Hair Test Analysis
- Annual Blood Work
Easy Raw Feeding Recipes
10 Random Facts About Me
I’m here to be a resource, a guide, a confidant, and a raw feeding friend.
- I love Game of Thrones, Marvel comics, Star Wars, and other SciFi movies and television programs, Twilight, Hunger Games, Vampire Diaries, Robert Downey Jr, Sandra Bullock, and Keanu Reeves.
- I wanted to be a journalist when I was a kid.
- People think I'm an extrovert, I'm not.
- I believe in the Law of Attraction and Counting My Blessings.
- I am always reading (or listening) to a book or podcast.
- I find it impossible to remember names and faces, but I will recognize your dog.
- I love to eat.
- I believe that we can learn a lot by watching The Real Housewives.
- I have daily dance parties with my dogs.
- My dream of dreams is to spend a day with Oprah Winfrey.
Thanks for visiting my blog!