- What? Raw feeders sharing their experiences through social media posts, blog posts, videos, and more. Learn new recipes, discuss real-life experiences, and connect with others passionate about giving their dogs the best life!
- When? April 1 – April 7, 2019.
- Where? This is a virtual event – follow Keep the Tail Wagging to be notified of events.
- Why? To raise healthier, happier pets.
- CLICK HERE to watch National Raw Feeding Week 2018.
- CLICK HERE to contact Kimberly Gauthier for Sponsorship Opportunities.
Check back in as we add updates to the event!
Celebrating and sharing the benefits of raw feeding for pets through social media, blogging, and vlogging.
National Raw Feeding Week, April 1-7, 2019 is a FREE week-long, virtual event for pet owners across the world. Interested in raw feeding? Just starting out? An avid or experience raw feeder? This is the event for you.
Raw feeders around the world unite to share their stories & expertise. We discuss the benefits of raw feeding and clear up any myths promoted by raw feeding opponents.
With social media posts, blog posts, videos, and more, there is something for everyone. Whatever stage you are at, whatever questions you have, you are sure to find everything you need during this hands-on, pet-loving week!
What is Raw Feeding?
Over centuries, our pets have adapted into what we know them as today – our loving companions and family members. Despite that, it’s important to remember our pets’ roots. Once wild animals, our dogs and cats hunted for their own food. They consumed whole prey – no cooking, no preparation, and no fancy dish. Raw feeding is the attempt to replicate this ancestral diet for our pets. This means feeding a species appropriate diet to give our pets exactly what their body needs.
To build a species appropriate diet, we start by combining the make-up of a prey animal in our pet's dish:
- 80% Muscle Meat
- 10% Bone
- 5% Liver
- 5% Offal (secreting organs like kidneys, spleen, pancreas, and testicles)
- Each pet's diet is adjusted based on the pet’s individual needs and may include whole food supplements to account for nutrients not found in the meat and bone.
“Raw feeding is biologically appropriate for dogs. Raw feeding works wonderfully for my dog Rodrigo. He is no longer on a diet that promotes an inflammatory reaction in his system. As a result, his digestive health and immune system are working optimally.”Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger and Author
Benefits of Raw Feeding
- healthy skin and shiny coat
- clean, white teeth
- fresh breath
- healthy digestive system
- stronger immune system
- decreased allergies
- healthy body weight and muscle mass
- no doggy odor
- smaller, less smelly poop
- fewer vet visits
During National Raw Feeding Week 2019, the wealth of knowledge is endless.
- Read about others’ raw feeding experiences
- Watch video interviews with veterinarians and experts in dog nutrition.
- Rodney Habib, Planet Paws
- Susan Thixton, Truth About Pet Food
- Dr. Jean Dodds, Hemopet Canine Blood Bank
- Scott Jay Marshall II, Dog Dad and Raw Feeding 101
- Ronny LeJeune, Perfectly Rawsome and Raw Feeding University
- Jae Kennedy and Adrienne Lefebvre, Two Crazy Cat Ladies
- Emma Rutherford, The Natural Canine Kitchen
- Isla Fishburn, Kachina Canine
- and many more…
Interviewed by author and blogger Kimberly Gauthier, these experts will dive into all there is to know about raw feeding:
- Where to start
- How to balance a pet’s raw diet
- Raw feeding for cats
- The best raw feeding resources
- And much more!
National Raw Feeding Week Sponsorship Opportunities
Want to get your brand’s name in front of the raw feeding community? Contact Kimberly Gauthier at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
179 K+ Visitors | 253 K+ Pageviews | 21.9 K Facebook | 3.2 K Instagram | 2 K+ YouTube | 2 K+ Newsletter Subscribers
About Keep the Tail Wagging®
Keep the Tail Wagging® is one of the leading dog nutrition blogs in North America that covers raw feeding for dogs, raising dogs naturally, and raising littermates successfully. Launched in 2011 as a blog sharing one person’s love of dogs, Keep the Tail Wagging has grown along with Kimberly Gauthier’s knowledge of species-appropriate diets for dogs. Today, Keep the Tail Wagging blog posts receive over 200,000 views each month from dog parents who want to learn how to feed a raw diet to their dogs and has expanded to a Facebook page, a YouTube channel, local workshops on raw feeding, and a book published in August 2017, A Novice’s Guide to Raw Feeding for Dogs, currently available on Amazon.com. Visit http://www.keepthetailwagging.com to learn more.
About Kimberly Gauthier
Dog Nutrition Blogger, Kimberly Gauthier, is the author of A Novice's Guide to Raw Feeding for Dogs, a book that shares her experience raising four dogs on a raw food diet and includes the benefits of raw dog food, transitioning dogs to raw, sourcing proteins and ingredients, supplements she adds, raw dog food recipes, and more. Kimberly's passion for blogging and raw feeding is inspired by her dogs and can be seen on her blog Keep the Tail Wagging®; she looks forward to writing more books that help dog parents raise happier, healthier dogs.
Kimberly lives in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, adores superhero movies, the Real Housewives, podcasts, Audible, dodging GOT spoilers, and spending time with her friends.
Sign up for her newsletter here: http://www.keepthetailwagging.com/newsletter