I use my blog to help offset the costs of raising four dogs on a raw food diet. Other bloggers use their platform to raise awareness, to education, and to build a community. Through blogging, I'm able to earn commissions on products I recommend, I can try new products in exchange for my honest thoughts, and I have been able to meet great people who share the same passion for dogs that I have.
Have you considered starting a blog?
Keep the Tail Wagging®
I launched Keep the Tail Wagging in 2011 and I love it. It's a lot of hard work and there have been many days when I ask, “Why bother?” But for the most part, this has been a wild ride that I've enjoyed and has benefited me and my dogs.
Learning how to blog on your own can be overwhelming. I found several people and other blogs to follow and things started clicking in place. I was able to build Keep the Tail Wagging into one of the top blogs on raw feeding in the country and earn a steady income through content creation, content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, and more
Would you like to do the same?
Benefits of Blogging
One benefit to maintaining a blog is to attract customers. By writing unique, quality, and helpful content – you will begin to rank higher in the Google search results. In other words, when someone Google's “raw feeding,” I want them to see my blog on the first page. This will bring more traffic to my site, more eyes on my blog posts, and potentially more commissions in my bank account.
If you're a veterinarian who would like your clients to visit your site instead of Dr. Google, a blog is a great start. If you're a pet sitter, dog walker, groomer, or dog trainer – a blog that answers common questions can be a great compliment to your business.
Not sure which questions to answer? Start with the questions you had at first and continue with the questions your customers have – no matter how basic, I guarantee that more than one person is looking for the answer YOU can provide in a blog post.
Can You Blog?
Here's how to tell if you can maintain a blog long enough to earn a revenue:
- Choose a niche; something you're passionate about.
- Write down 10-15 blog topics.
- Draft 10-15 blog posts; at least 300 words each
If you can do that, then you can start a blog!
Website Hosting with BlueHost
- 24/7 WordPress support
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Money-back guarantee
- Start small and move to more powerful options as your website grows.
- Enhanced C-Panel
- Recommended by WordPress
Newsletter Subscription Service
Books on Blogging I Recommend
- Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
- WordPress Websites Step-by-Step
- SEO Step-by-Step
- How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
- One Entrepreneur's Take on Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness
- Blogging Your Way to the Front Row
- How to Blog for Profit without Selling Your Soul
- Blog Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit, and to Create Community