Self Care Saturday is a new feature that is for the pet parents of the world. Earlier this year, I wondered if all pet parents suffered from some form of anxiety or depression because it seems that many of us relate to the statement “I love my dogs more than people.” I'm fortunate to be in a place where I can treat my anxiety naturally through herbal remedies, diet and exercise, and essential oils.
I belong to the Plant Therapy Oil of the Month Club and I swear that the person who chooses the oils for members has me in mind each time and each oil is better than the last.
What is Plant Therapy?
When I canceled my Young Living account, I asked around for an essential oil brand that used quality oils from sustainable sources. I wanted to work with a company that wouldn't require me to spend $50 a month and I didn't want to work with another MLM company.
For every brand recommended, someone would counter it with negative press. All of the brands except Plant Therapy. When I began looking into Plant Therapy, I loved that it's a small company, that it's not MLM, and that they prioritize quality.
The Plant Therapy online store has oils, carrier oils, supplies, storage containers, and journals (just ordered one) to track oils and recipes.
What is the Oil of the Month Club?
Plant Therapy's Oil of the Month Club is an opportunity to try out new oils at one set price. For about $20 a month, I get an oil that I've never heard and that I immediately love. Each package comes with an oil from 5ml up to 30 ml, a flyer with all of the oils details including how it benefits us, how to make products, and a list of essential oils that are a good partner.
I purchased a diffuser necklace that allows me to enjoy the scents all day and I diffuse them at home all the time.
Another cool perk of the Oil of the Month Club is that only members receive these oils. We're not getting oils that are available on the Plant Therapy website. So if you find one that you love, you call in and order it again. I love that exclusivity. Makes me feel special. Silly, I know.
Tropical Passion Synerygy
Tropical Passion Synergy smells like a vacation and when I took a deep inhale for the first time, I found myself grinning from ear to ear. I think this would be a perfect essential oil for J to diffuse to keep me in an agreeable mood.
- Oh, you want to buy an 80-inch television? Sure! That makes perfect sense even though you barely watch TV.
- You'd rather watch golf and car auction shows instead of indulging me in my Real Housewives? Okay. I'll make you some tea and start cleaning – here, lift your legs onto the ottoman so that you're comfortable.
Okay, so it's not that effective, but it definitely put me in a joyous mood.
- bold, fruity scent with some spicy sweetness and a hint of nuttiness; it kind of smells like a fruit punch you'd want to wear or bathe in
- emotionally uplifting
- energizing to the senses
- great room freshener
- a wonderful addition to body products
- perfect for summertime parties
- Sweet orange
- Peru Balsam (my favorite)
- Bitter Almond
Do you ever wonder who decided to mix this together to develop something that smells so yummy? Yeah, me too.
- Add a few drops to your favorite body lotion, cream, or aromatherapy necklace
Dilution of Tropical Passion Synergy
- If you want to use it as a perfume, dilute to 1-2%.
- For every 1 ounce (30 ml) of carrier oil, add 18 drops of essential oil.
- For every 1/2 ounce (15 ml) of carrier oil, add 9 drops of essential oil.
Is Tropical Passion Synergy Toxic to Dogs?
Did you know that there isn't a complete and accurate list of essential oils that are toxic to dogs? I've asked many professionals and no one can agree on what is or isn't toxic but what they can agree on is that…
- it's important to only use quality oils with our dogs,
- we should dilute all oils we use on our dogs, and
- if we're unsure if an oil is safe to use on our dogs we should avoid it.
That being said there are few oils that I use directly on my dogs without doing research and asking professionals first. I do, however, make products for myself and diffuse essential oils in a room, making sure that our dogs and cat can leave the room should the scent become too much for them.
Topical Passion Synergy isn't a toxic oil and it's not an oil that I would use on my dogs.
Join Plant Therapy Today
If you love essential oils, but you're looking for a company that produces a quality product and doesn't require you to fork over $50 a month, then consider Plant Therapy. The Oil of the Month Club is something you can order just like ordering anything else in their online store. Be sure to choose a recurring order in the checkout or you'll just receive one oil (made that mistake) and you don't want to miss any of them.