This post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to Raw Foodie Friday where I'll be sharing recipes of what I feed to my dogs. Every week, I receive an email from someone who wants me to give them a balanced raw food recipe. I've attempted to do this many times in the past, and I found that I didn't have the experience; especially back when all of my raw meals were made with a base mix. Today, I make raw meals on the fly daily, and my dogs are thriving, and I'm excited to share those meals with others who need inspiration.
I no longer focus on balance per meal. Instead, I balance over time which allows me more flexibility. If I'm running low on an ingredient, I don't panic because my dogs' raw meals will be out of balance. Instead, I add something else and adjust their diet later in the week or the following week.
Ask yourself – do you eat a balanced diet each meal or per day?
So here is a recent recipe…please feel free to ask questions in the comments.
Easy Raw Dog Food Recipe
Emu, Duck, Oysters, and Cheese
- 8 lbs of ground emu
- 4 lbs of beef organ blend from GreenTripe.com
- 2 lbs of Fermented vegetables
- 1 duck neck per dog
- 4-5 boiled oysters per dog (for zinc)
- 2-3 cheese bites per dog from Answers Pet Food (spirulina and turmeric are in the dish)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of golden paste for Rodrigo and Sydney
Supplements Added to Raw Meal
Over the years, I've simplified my dogs' raw meals as I learned more about the supplements they need. I created a page that lists all of the supplements that I give to my dogs and why. You can check my Supplements Page HERE.
You can learn more about how I track the nutrients in my dogs diet HERE.
Sourcing for Raw Dog Food
I purchase 99% of the food and supplements for my dogs through a local raw food co-op.
- Shop Through a Raw Food Co-Op to Save on Raw Dog Food
- How to Start a Raw Food Co-Op (I Think)
- 4 Examples of Craigslists Ads for Raw Feeders
- 21 Ways to Save Money on Raw Dog Food